Family is not an important thing, it is everything
Families are like branches of a tree … we grow in different directions, yet our roots remain as one
Our family is meant to be a source of nourishment, comfort and security. However, at times challenging circumstances or differences in individual temperaments can cause a rift in families, making family life stressful for everyone involved. When this happens, Family Counseling & Therapy can help restore harmony among family members.
How I Help
My goal as a Family Counselor is to deeply understand each family member’s individual needs, identify the sources of inter-personal conflict and help build an environment of appreciation, honesty, care and support in the family.
Sessions will be conducted individually, in pairs and in groups — customized as per each family’s unique requirements. I am supportive and understanding of each family member, without taking sides—acting as a bridge, helping resolve conflict in a manner that takes everyone’s needs into account.
Reach out to me if …
- There is ongoing tension between family members— children, teenagers, parents, extended family
- Your family is going through a transition such as separation or divorce, adjusting to a new living arrangement
- There has been unexpected financial stress or unemployment
- There has been bereavement or a family member is terminally ill
- A family member has a chronic health or mental health issue which has taken a toll on the family
- You or your partner have children from a previous marriage and there is ongoing friction between step-children/parents
I offer both in-person as well as video counseling sessions over Zoom / WhatsApp.